For 2018, the Department of Energy's (DOE's) Better Buildings Summit is teaming up with Energy Exchange for a one-of-a-kind event in Cleveland, Ohio. The combined event will feature industrial sessions with content geared specifically for U.S. manufacturers, plus expanded access to technical experts and trainings.
- When: August 21 - 23, 2018
- Where: Huntington Convention Center, Cleveland, Ohio
- Register and learn more: https://www.2018energyexchange.com/registration/
- Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
- Celanese Corporation
- Cummins, Inc.
- Eastman Chemical Company
- General Mills
- Intertape Polymer Group
- Johnson Controls
- Nissan North America
- Saint-Gobain Corporation
- Schneider Electric
- United Technologies Corporation (UTC)
- Victor Valley Wastewater Reclamation Authority
- Volvo Group North America
Featured Industrial Sessions
New this year, in addition to excellent session content dedicated to industrial sector interests, the Summit is featuring a dedicated manufacturing track. Attendees can expect a deep dive into the technical aspects of successful programs and real-world projects that have been implemented by their peers in the industrial and manufacturing fields. For a detailed agenda, click here.
Wednesday, August 22
- CHP TAPs Talk (Better Buildings)
- Better Plants All-Partner Gathering: Recognition, Discussion, and Networking (Better Buildings)
Thursday, August 23
- Shooting for the Moon: Planning and Execution Towards a Big Energy Goal (Better Buildings)
- Not Just for Energy: Repurposing an Energy Management System for Water Efficiency (Better Buildings)
- The Future is Now: Emerging Manufacturing Technologies (Better Buildings)
- Preparing the Next Generation: Transition Planning for Energy Managers (Better Buildings)
- Get Sorted: Efficiency in Distribution and Logistics (Better Buildings)
- Learning What Works: Energy Data Management (Better Buildings)
- State of the Submeter: Considerations for Measuring Energy Use (Better Buildings)
- Water Reuse: Successful Outcomes and Innovative Strategies (Better Buildings)
Using 50001 Ready to Help Meet Your Energy Goals (Wednesday, August 22, 9:00 AM)
50001 Ready is a no cost, self-guided approach to tracking and managing energy use and improving energy efficiency in your facility, campus, or building. This workshop will discuss the benefits of an ISO 50001 standard energy management system, which 50001 Ready is built upon. Additionally, it will introduce the 50001 Ready Navigator tool and give hands-on instruction to kick-start your facility’s adoption of 50001 Ready.
Showcase Project Plant Tours
Attendees from the industrial sector can participate in pre-conference tours of Better Buildings, Better Plants partner facilities and other local plants on Wednesday morning. Be sure to sign up when you register.
View this year's Showcase Plant Tours here.