Frequently Asked Questions
The Better Buildings, Better Plants Summit is now a virtual leadership symposium. The event will feature a series of timely webinars and peer exchanges throughout the week of June 8. All virtual meetings will be free to attend. Please note, previously registered attendees and speakers will receive a full refund for their registration costs. For more questions about our virtual leadership symposium, see our FAQs below:
Why should I attend the virtual event?
- Year after year we hear from our partners that the Better Buildings Summit is a unique opportunity to share solutions and learn from others. Now more than ever, connecting and sharing solutions is important throughout all our sectors.
- Even though we won’t have as many sessions as we’d planned for the in-person meeting, we will have sessions on a wide range of topics including those selected by our partners.
One of the reasons I come to the Summit is to meet face-to-face with my peers. Is that possible virtually?
- We are also disappointed in not being able to offer opportunities for sectors and national leaders to exchange ideas, experiences, and solutions in person. However, we are committed to finding ways for this knowledge sharing and virtual face-to-face interaction to happen. We are planning sector-specific meetups and video calls and other ways to connect with each other.
How do I register for this year’s Summit as a virtual leadership symposium?
- Click here to register for the virtual leadership symposium! Please select the individual sessions, workshops, and other events you would like to attend.
Is there a cost associated with the virtual leadership symposium?
- No, all webinars and virtual meetings are free to attend.
What if I already registered for the 2020 Summit?
- Thank you for your interest in attending the Summit; we hope you can join us for the virtual leadership symposium June 8-11, 2020.
- All registered attendees and speakers will be contacted to receive a full refund for their registration costs.
- If you are interested in attending the virtual leadership symposium you need to register here for the webinars you wish to attend.
What if I already booked hotel and/or travel accommodations?
- DOE recommends canceling any hotel and/or travel reservations. To contact the Hyatt Regency Crystal City about hotel reservations, call (703) 418-1234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public sector attendees and speakers that were approved for travel assistance will receive a separate email from SummitTravel@thebuildingpeople.com requesting additional information. If you do not receive that email, please contact SummitTravel@thebuildingpeople.com.
What if I was a speaker for the 2020 Summit?
- We appreciate your commitment to share your insights at the Better Buildings Summit and look forward to being able to highlight your leadership again in the future.
- If you were planning on being a speaker at the 2020 Summit, you will be contacted by your session lead to confirm whether or not your session will be repurposed as a webinar either during the virtual leadership symposium or at a later date.
- If you already registered as a speaker, you will receive a full refund for your registration.
How will Better Buildings and Better Plants Challenge goal achievers be recognized this year?
- DOE will recognize this year’s Better Buildings and Better Plants Challenge goal achievers during the Opening Plenary webinar on June 8 at 11 am ET. Goal achievers will also receive recognition via the annual Progress Report and other communication channels. Reach out to your sector lead for more information.
What if I was planning on going on a building tour?
- Unfortunately, all 2020 Summit building tours have been canceled due to in-person gathering restrictions. We hope to feature these tours at the next Summit.
Will there be a 2021 Better Buildings Summit?
- DOE is in the process of planning a 2021 Summit for next Spring and will provide more details when available.
We hope we addressed all of your concerns. If you have any additional questions, please contact us.