Waste Reduction Pilot: Meet the Partners
The Better Buildings, Better Plants Waste Reduction Pilot was launched to address the 2.7 billion tons of industrial solid waste and more than 260 million tons of municipal solid waste the U.S. generates annually. DOE is working with an initial group of Better Buildings and Better Plants Partners to collectively set, track, and meet waste reduction goals. Lessons learned will inform how the pilot might be expanded to all partners in the future.
The following partners have joined the Waste Reduction Pilot as of August 2019:
- Beaverton, Oregon
- CommonWealth Partners
- Flowers Foods
- FMC Chemicals
- The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.
- Jamestown, LP
- Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Martin Guitar
- NSK Americas
- PPC Online
- Schneider Electric
- Shorenstein Properties
- SugarCreek Packing Co.
- Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation
- The Tower Companies
- United Technologies Corporation (UTC)
- UW Health
- Volvo Group North America
- The West Palm Beach VA Medical Center
(part of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' Sunshine Healthcare Network)