The U.S. Department of Energy's Better Buildings Initiative in partnership with CoStar Group, Inc., a provider of data and intelligence solutions to commercial real estate professionals, will expand the visibility of energy-efficient buildings in U.S. property markets and promote the benefits of energy efficiency for building owners and occupants. CoStar Group will display energy-related information that is already being made publicly accessible by state and local governments that have adopted building energy transparency laws. It plans to begin displaying energy-related information for buildings in Chicago and Washington, D.C., this summer, followed by buildings in other applicable states and localities beginning this fall.
- U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Progress Alert
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Quick 2-minute video featuring industry voices on importance of partnership
- CoStar - CoStar Group Announces Partnership with the U.S. Department of Energy
- IMT - Integrating building performance data in CoStar group databases
- USGBC - Department of Energy and CoStar partner to expand visibility of benchmark data
- The Business Council for Sustainable Energy - BCSE Support for Partnership Between DOE and CoStar Group, Inc.
- District of Columbia Department of Energy & Environment - Leading Real Estate Platforms to Integrate Energy Usage Data into Property Listings