“This was a great service, and as a new home owner it was very helpful to get a baseline for where my home is at. It felt very personalized and was very informative.”
-Bryce from Denver
By becoming a Home Energy Score™ Partner, your organization can join a growing network of organizations around the country promoting home energy labeling and providing low cost home energy information to homeowners. Local and national Partner organizations help Home Energy Score Certified Assessors™ meet training, mentorship, and quality assurance requirements, and work with DOE to implement the program.
All types of organizations can benefit from partnering with the DOE on the Home Energy Score, including:
- Utilities that want to offer the Score as part of energy efficiency programs
- State energy offices eager to increase home energy efficiency statewide
- Nonprofits focused on increasing awareness of home energy use
- Trade organizations interested in improving contractor, inspector, or real estate agent knowledge of home energy use
- Any organization looking to bring reliable energy information to their community
- Manage onboarding, training, and mentoring of Assessors participating in your program, or contract with another organization to manage these areas. Mentoring can be completed with an approved Remote Service Provider.
- Score a minimum of 500 homes in the first year. After the first year, you will work with the DOE to establish annual numeric goals with the intent of expanding the program.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews on a random sample of scored homes, and provide mentoring for newly trained Assessors. Quality assurance can be provided either in-field or through an approved Remote Service Provider for desktop quality assurance.
- Participate in regular calls and webinars with DOE and other Partners, and collaborate with DOE on delivery and continuous improvement of the program.
- Market the Home Energy Score to single-family homes and townhomes in your market.
The Home Energy Score motivates homeowners, buyers, and sellers to improve home energy performance and share home energy information within the real estate transaction through MLS listings, home appraisals, and mortgage financing. Through DOE’s Partners, hundreds of Home Energy Score Assessors have provided thousands of Home Energy Scores across the country.
If you think your organization can meet the requirements listed and is interested in becoming a Home Energy Score Partner, send us a completed Implementation Plan. Use the Implementation Plan to explain how your organization will use the Score, conduct quality assurance, and manage your Home Energy Score program. Email the completed Implementation Plan to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review our Partner Resources page to download fact sheets, presentations, marketing materials, and more to expand your program.