“It was great to have someone come and look at everything.”
- Tarek from Denver
Ways to Offer the Score
Once you have completed Home Energy Score™ training and mentoring, you are ready to give customers their personalized Home Energy Scores. Home Energy Score Certified Assessors™ throughout the country offer the Home Energy Score in a variety of ways, depending on their business model and interests. Successful ways to provide the Score have included:
- A bundled item within a standard audit / inspection package
- A standalone product, offered to homeowners for a fee
- A freely offered product to gain leads for home improvements
- A service offered by utilities or solar companies before and after energy efficiency services
- And more!
Visit the Become an Assessor page if you are interested in offering the Home Energy Score, and review the Partner Map to see which organizations work with Assessors in your area.
Use the resources below to learn more about the Home Energy Score and how to communicate Home Energy Score results to homeowners.
- Intro to Home Energy Score
- Contractors and Energy Auditors Fact Sheet
- Home Inspectors Fact Sheet
- Example Score Report
- Scoring Tool for Assessors
- Assessor Calculator - This resource can be used to de-rate insulation, HVAC equipment efficiency, to find average R-values, ceiling heights, and accurate ceiling and floor areas. By clicking this link, this resource will download directly onto your computer. For it to function properly, be sure you have Microsoft Excel 2011 or later and have all content and macros enabled. See the disclaimer tab for more information.
- Assessor Tips Fact Sheet
- Data Collection Form (the data required to produce a Home Energy Score)
- Data Entry Guidelines
- Desktop Quality Assurance Example Photo and Sketch Packet