Western CHP TAP Events
The Western CHP Technical Assistance Partnership (CHP TAP) aims to deliver its message to a wide variety of organizations interested in the efficiency, environmental, and security benefits of CHP. Please contact us if you would like the Western CHP TAP to deliver a presentation to your organization.
- Check back for upcoming events
- 2022 Better Buildings, Better Plants Summit, May 17-19, 2022, Arlington, VA
The U.S. Department of Energy held the 2022 Better Buildings, Better Plants Summit on May 17-19, 2022. This annual event for Better Buildings, Better Plants Partners and other key stakeholders provided the opportunity for professionals to explore emerging technologies and share innovative strategies in energy efficiency, decarbonization, and water and waste reduction. Attendees took part in interactive sessions with industry experts and market leaders as well as multiple opportunities to network with peers. "Results from the Packaged CHP Accelerator" was presented on Wednesday, May 18, from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m.
- CampusEnergy2022: Leading the Way, February 15-18, 2022, Boston, MA
College and university campuses around the globe are leaders in education, research, and innovation, and an evolution is underway to renew, decarbonize, and strengthen these important community assets. College and university campuses have emerged as global leaders in the operation and optimization of world-class district energy systems. Register for the IDEA CampusEnergy2022 Virtual Program, featuring session recordings of nearly 100 educational sessions featuring more than 170 speakers. The Western CHP TAP presented, "Microgrid Resilience Planning: DOE CHP TAP Perspective."
- Webinar: Value of Gas-Based Microgrids: Why Are We Still Talking About Natural Gas?, January 19, 2022
The Western CHP TAP and the California Clean Distributed Generation Coalition (CCDC) presented on: the state of the California grid, FIRM CHP Microgrid Solutions overview, 29 Palms Marine Base, Tehachapi Greenhouse, Portola Hotel, and why natural gas-based microgrids remain a clean energy solution.
The CHPA hosted a free webinar about how CHP fits into future energy systems. Participants learned about the current state of the electric grid and gas system in the United States, the future of each, and how CHP will continue to work with these systems to provide cleaner, reliable energy that will support our communities and make them more resilient in the face of a changing climate. Attendees also heard about the U.S. Department of Energy's work on CHP and learned about the CHP system at the Ford Motor Company campus in Dearborn, Michigan.
- Webinar: Distributed Energy Resources: The Evolution of Distributed Energy Resources in California, November 3, 2021
This webinar focused on the evolution of distributed energy resource (DER) technologies and the fuels used to produce power and heat. Participants learned about technology developments and what steps to take to implement their own microgrid or particular application of DERs, including CHP. The Western CHP TAP presented on flexible CHP’s role in DERs.
- Webinar: Combined Heat and Power (CHP) In Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA), October 12, 2021
This webinar focused on how CHP systems can cost-effectively use both natural gas and renewable energy resources for CEA, with the added bonus of carbon dioxide capture.
- CHP in a Sustainable Future: Clean, Reliable Energy for Resilient Communities, September 13-15, 2021
The second annual National Summit on CHP, hosted by the Combined Heat and Power Alliance, focused on CHP’s resilience and reliability benefits. On September 15, the Western CHP TAP presented a session titled “CHP Technologies: Microgrids and District Energy.”
- 2021 Virtual Energy Exchange, August 2-6, 2021
Energy Exchange is a training event organized by the Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) for approximately 2,500 energy and water professionals across the federal, public, and private sectors. On August 2, the Western CHP TAP presented a session titled “CHP & Microgrids: Technical Options to Consider When Establishing a Resiliency Plan.”
- Better Buildings Summer Webinar Series: How to Identify CHP Projects That Fit Your Goals, July 1, 2021
The U.S. Department of Energy shared how to identify candidate CHP projects opportunities, provided an overview of the CHP project development process, and explained the step-by-step screening analysis for CHP—a no-cost service provided to end users through the U.S. Department of Energy CHP TAP program.
- Better Buildings Summer Webinar Series: Boosting Industrial and Manufacturing Efficiency and Resiliency with CHP, June 17, 2021
This webinar focused on strategies for industrial and manufacturing sectors to increase energy utilization, improve resilience, and meet clean energy goals through the installation of CHP.
- 2021 Better Buildings, Better Plants Summit, May 17-20, 2021
The U.S. Department of Energy held the 2021 Better Buildings, Better Plants Summit virtually on May 17-20, 2021. This four-day leadership symposium consisted of online webinars and peer exchanges with fellow industry stakeholders and experts. This annual event for Better Buildings, Better Plants Partners and other stakeholders provided the opportunity for professionals to explore emerging technologies and share innovative strategies in energy and water efficiency.
- Webinar: Designing Hybrid Combined Heat and Power Systems – An Introduction to New Features in NREL’s REopt Lite Tool, March 2, 2021
New important features have been added to National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s free solar+wind+storage online optimization tool, REopt Lite. This webinar focused on REopt Lite’s new CHP module, which allows users to evaluate the economic and resilience benefits of different types of CHP prime movers as well as chilled water storage, hot water storage, and absorption chillers. These technologies can be evaluated on their own or in combination with solar PV, wind, and battery storage.
- Webinar: Navigating the U.S. Department of Energy’s Packaged CHP Systems eCatalog with the Western CHP TAP, May 27, 2020
This webinar for institutions, businesses, utilities, and associations explained packaged CHP systems and introduced the recently launched Packaged CHP Systems eCatalog.
- California Statewide Wood Energy Team Meeting, January 15, 2020, Sacramento, CA
The Western CHP TAP presented at the meeting of the California Statewide Wood Energy Team’s membership to discuss the fuel potential of biomass for CHP and benefits of CHP for the woody biomass industry.
- Webinar: ReEnergize Reno Workshop Series – Combined Heat & Power Deployment, January 14, 2020
This webinar educated the larger community of Reno, Nevada, about CHP and the Western CHP TAP and its services.
- 2019 Better Buildings, Better Plants Summit, July 10-11, 2019, Arlington, VA (Highlights: Part 1) (Highlights: Part 2)
The U.S. Department of Energy held the 2019 Better Buildings, Better Plants Summit in the Washington, D.C. metro area. This annual event for Better Buildings, Better Plants Partners and other key stakeholders provides the opportunity for professionals to explore emerging technologies and share innovative strategies in energy and water efficiency.
- ESA Energy Storage Annual Conference & Expo, April 16-18, 2019, Phoenix, AZ
The Western CHP TAP had a booth at the annual conference and expo of the Energy Storage Association (ESA).
- 6th Hawaii Energy Conference & Exhibition, March 27-28, 2019, Kahului, HI
The Western CHP TAP had a booth at this major Hawaii energy conference focused on statewide interests as seen through the prism of national and international developments in energy.
- GLOBALCON 2019, March 20-21, 2019, Boston, MA
GLOBALCON is designed to facilitate those seeking to expand their knowledge of fast-moving developments in the energy field, explore promising new technologies, compare energy supply options, and learn about innovative and cost-conscious project implementation strategies. The Western CHP TAP had a booth at the event.
- PDC Summit 2019, March 17-20, 2019, Phoenix, AZ
The Western CHP TAP had a booth at this international summit and exhibition on health facility planning, design, and construction.
- Energy, Utility & Environment Conference – EUEC 2019, February 25-26, 2019, San Diego, CA (Program Guide)
EUEC facilitates information exchange and fosters cooperation between industry, government, and regulatory stakeholders for the protection of the environment and energy security. The Western CHP TAP participated in Track F3.