Join the Better Buildings Challenge
Join over 360 building owners, operators, and other stakeholders that have already taken the Better Buildings Challenge to reduce energy use throughout their portfolios by at least 20% over 10 years. Partner with DOE’s network of technical and industry experts to develop innovative cost-effective energy solutions, and get recognized for your leadership and innovation. Better Buildings Challenge partners come from 9 key market sectors: commercial, data centers, financial services, higher education, industrial, K-12 schools, local government, multifamily housing, and state government.
- Conduct an energy efficiency assessment of their building portfolio and pledge an organization-wide energy savings goal
- Take action by showcasing an energy efficiency project and implementing a plan to achieve lasting energy savings
- Report results by sharing cost-effective approaches for saving energy and performance data that demonstrate their success.
More details can be found in the Better Buildings Challenge FAQ.
- Provide expert technical assistance and energy efficiency solution development assistance
- Connect partners with a network of allies (including financial organizations) that can help them achieve their energy savings pledges
- Publicly recognize partners for achieving energy and cost savings and applying innovative energy efficiency solutions.
Join the Challenge
If your organization is interested in learning more or joining the Better Buildings Challenge, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Browse the list of leading organizations who have stepped up to the Better Buildings Challenge. Sort by sector, location, or A-Z.
Better Buildings Goal Achievers are leaders in energy efficiency and stand as an example for their peers. Meet the partners who have met their commitments to reduce portfolio-wide energy use by 20% - 25% in 10 years or less.
Who can join and what is the commitment? Review more Frequently Asked Questions about the Better Buildings Challenge and the different ways partners can be involved.