Through the Better Buildings Alliance's technology and market campaigns, hundreds of private sector companies, and state and local governments, universities, and others, are working with DOE to explore what's next in emerging technology, and pinpointing particular nuances for effective collaboration and implementation strategies.
Today, Kathleen Hogan, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency, U.S. Department of Energy recognized organizations for participating in two campaigns, the Interior Lighting Campaign (ILC) and Green Lease Leaders. Organizations were brought on stage in front of their peers, at the BOMA 2016 International Conference & Expo for their committment and success in implementing ambitious energy savings measures across their organizaitons.
ILC participating organizations recognized in more than one category, include:
- CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc.
- U.S. General Services Administration
- Northern Arizona University
Organizations recognized in a single category:
- Army Reserve - 9th Mission Support Command
- Army Reserve - 99th Regional Support Command
- Baylor Scott and White Health c/o CBRE
- CHRISTUS Health
- Cleveland Clinic
- Sustainable Technologies
- Tutera Real Estate
- U.S. Toy
Green Lease Leaders is another public-private partnership between the Department of Energy’s Better Buildings program, BOMA and the Institute for Market Transformation. Green leases, unlike traditional commercial leases, offer environmental and economic benefits for building owners and tenants alike. There are now more than 40 organizations that have met the Green Lease Leaders standard. The 9 organizations today represent 375 million square feet of commercial floor space, bringing the grand total of space represented by Green Lease Leaders to 1.1 billion square feet.
These companies are using their leases to improve building operations, improve the energy efficiency of their building, and reduce operating costs:
- Brandywine Realty Trust
- Cuyahoga County, Ohio
- The U.S. General Services Administration
- Ivanhoe Cambridge
- The JBG Companies
- PGIM Real Estate
- USAA Real Estate Company
Brokerage teams, law firms, or other parties also can play a large role in the leasing process. These organizations are recognized for their team transactions:
- Kilroy Realty Corporation, with YuMe, LA Realty Partners, and Allen Matkins
- Kilroy Realty Corporation, with Dropbox, CBRE, and Allen Matkins
- The Institute for Real Estate Management (IREM), with GNP Realty Partners, and the National Association of Realtors