The Better Buildings Summit is one of the premier forums for multifamily housing organizations to showcase proven strategies to cut energy used by the housing units comprising their buildings and facilities. At the Summit, attendees engage with more than 900 industry experts including Better Buildings partners and industry stakeholders to exchange proven approaches to energy efficiency.
The multifamily housing sector is one of the largest sectors represented at the Summit with a dedicated track of sessions and programming ranging from financing, renewables, data access and energy management. With over one hundred partners in the Better Buildings Challenge, they represent a combined square footage of nearly 615 million sq. ft. Of the 114 multifamily partners, 41 are Public Housing Authorities (PHAs).
Here’s why we think the Summit is the place for PHAs to learn about energy efficiency:
- Learn how the housing sector can take advantage of new technologies, business practices, financing models, and partnerships to save money on utility bills and create new jobs.
- Receive public recognition for your PHA’s successes in the 2016-2017 year.
- Participate in an interactive mini-workshop led by industry experts to develop a portfolio-wide sustainability plan to reduce your PHA’s energy and water use
- Network with partners and share successful strategies with peers that are overcoming similar challenges as your PHA
- Discover new HUD incentives and resources available to achieve your energy and water efficiency goals.
More information on the 2017 Better Buildings Summit is available here. Stay tuned for updates on registration, confirmed sessions, special activities, and speakers.