GOALS OF THE BETTER COMMUNITIES ALLIANCE (BCA)
The goals of the BCA are to:
- Deliver integrated, community-scale support that enables local governments to achieve their energy, economic, and infrastructure goals, and replicate solutions;
- Strengthen engagement with public and private sector leaders to identify energy challenges and opportunities within communities;
- Incorporate knowledge and lessons learned into DOE programs, tools, and research;
- Streamline community access to new resources from the public and private sectors.
BENEFITS OF BEING A PARTNER
Partners are local governments including cities and counties committed to clean energy that join BCA by committing to participate in a DOE qualifying leadership initiative and sign a BCA agreement.
DOE will support BCA partners by providing:
- Technical assistance tools, resources and engagement as well as clean energy data analysis support
- Opportunities to access support, expertise, and other resources made available by Better Communities Alliance affliates
- A customized portfolio of existing DOE resources and engagement opportunities that align with the local priorities and interests of each Better Communities Alliance partner
- National forums for peer networking and dialogue with DOE leaders and experts
- National recognition and showcasing of efforts commensurate with achievements