Better Buildings aims to make commercial, public, industrial, and residential buildings 20 percent more energy efficient over the next decade. This means saving hundreds of billions of dollars on energy bills, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and creating thousands of jobs. Through Better Buildings, public and private sector organizations across the country are working together to share and replicate positive gains in energy efficiency. The Energy Department is currently pursuing strategies within 4 interrelated key areas to catalyze change and investment in energy efficiency.
- Developing innovative, replicable solutions with market leaders
- Making energy efficiency investment easier
- Developing a skilled clean energy workforce
- Leading by example in federal government.
The Better Buildings Team is looking forward to hearing your comments and questions about the Better Buildings Initiative. Provide your name, e-mail address, and message below, or feel free to learn more at the links below.
- Browse all our Better Buildings Initiave programs on our Partnerships Page to learn how to start saving energy today
- For information on stepping up to the Better Buildings Challenge, read our Overview or Frequently Asked Questions
- Check out the Newsroom for articles and blog posts on partners and their successes. For all other media inquiries, please use the form below. Provide your name, e-mail address, and message, and then click the "Submit" button.